Transferring account ownership takes several easy steps on the team member and current account owner's side. Please note our systems will not accept the same email address being used simultaneously as a Team Member and Account Owner and in order to successfully transfer account ownership, the team member's current account needs to be deleted first.
If the team member you are transferring the ownership of the account to does not have an existing Xodo Sign account you just need to do a simple account update action described in the last step in the article.
Team Member Perspective:
If you are the future account owner, follow these steps to transfer account ownership:
- Go to your Xodo Sign account and navigate to the "Account" section.
- Click on "Cancel" to initiate the account cancellation process.
- A survey will appear asking for the reason for canceling your account. Please select "Other" and specify "Ownership Transfer" as the reason.
- Confirm the cancellation to complete the process.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your part in transferring the account ownership.
Current Account Owner Perspective:
As the current account owner, follow these steps to finalize the transfer of account ownership:
- After the team member has canceled their account, log in to your Xodo Sign account.
- Navigate to the "Team" section.
- Find the team member's name in the list and click on the dropdown menu next to their name.
- Select "Delete" to remove the team member from your account.
With the team member successfully deleted from your business, you can now proceed to add the new email address as the Account Owner. Follow these steps:
- Go to the "Account" section of your account.
- Click on "Account Details" to access your account information.
- Update the information with the new email address that will serve as the Account Owner.
Now that the new email address is all set, the new owner will need to confirm their email via a link delivered to their inbox, and the whole process is completed.
✍ Updating Signatures After Account Transfer
In cases where the account was previously owned by a different user and has now been passed to someone else, it's important for the new user to update their signatures to reflect their own information and identity. Any obsolete signatures can and should be removed from the account to avoid document signing problems.