Zapier is a web-based service that allows users to automate repetitive tasks by combining a variety of apps. without writing code, you can create personalized automated workflows using its connectors, called Zaps.
If you are just getting started with Zapier, please check this article on how to set up your account and connect to Xodo Sign: Zapier Integration - Getting Started
How It Works
The Xodo Sign integration offers the following triggers & actions:
|Document Completed||Create Contact|
|Document Sent||Use Template|
|Find and Download Document|
Triggers help you create Zaps that trigger an action in another app whenever a document is sent or signed in your Xodo Sign account. For example, the Zap can automatically update your CRM or send an e-mail, an SMS, or a message to your team members.
Zaps in the opposite direction - from another app to Xodo Sign - can trigger the action "Use template", which allows you to automatically send an Xodo Sign template, pre-populated with data from your CRM, for signature. For example, if you're a recruiter, you can use such a Zap to send an automated template to a candidate to sign when they reach a certain stage of the recruitment process in the CRM.
There are two ways to create a Zap, either by using a Zap template or by creating one from scratch. Here is an example of how to create an Xodo Sign Zap from scratch:
Send Channel Messages in Slack for New Sent Xodo Sign Documents
If you want to let your team members know every time you send a document for signature in Xodo Sign, you can create a Zap that sends automated messages in their Slack channel.
1. Log in to your Zapier account and from the dashboard select "Create Zap"
2. Under "Create a custom Zap" select "Open Editor"
3. You can name your Zap in the top left corner and search for Xodo Sign under apps and choose Document Sent as trigger event
4. Select Continue
5. Choose the action app and the action event that will be triggered, in our case Slack and "Send channel message", and then sign in to your Slack account through Zapier:
6. Choose the Channel where you want to post the automated message and the Message Text and choose from a range of placeholders like "file name", "title", "signer's name" or "signer's ID" to insert in the message. You can also add a plan text to the message, like in the example below:
You can further customize the action, for example add an attachment to the message, decide whether you want to post it as a bot or as yourself or schedule it at a later date. After that, just test the Zap and you're done. Once the Zap is active it will send a channel message in Slack each time you send a document in Xodo Sign.